Friday, November 28, 2008

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

This week, I met the manager of a high end antique store who collects Manolo Bialnicks and believes Barack Obama may be the Anti-Christ. Her proof? A recent winning lottery ticket in Illinois bore the number...666. I also met a ship's engineer for an international shipping company who thinks 9/11 was engineered by the Pentagon to set the stage the Iraq war. His proof? Loose Change, a desk top "documentary" made by three putzes from Oneonta New York.

Now, I do think the antique store lady scores a bit higher on the stupidity scale because her delusions are racist and based on supernatural claptrap. And I understand how the Bush administration's profound cynicism, hubris and disrespect for human life could raise one's level of paranoia. But I still have to conclude that idiocy has no political affiliation.

No comments: